Friday, June 5, 2009

Settling into Boston

We have started to settle in Boston (or Amesbury to be more accurate). Ben and I have tried to form routine. We go for a lot of runs (Ben in the jogger, taking in the scenery) along the water. We have playdates with local moms. We go to the playground and swing high on the swings. We go for walks with our new best friend Jake (and his mom Raechel) who is only 4 days younger than Ben. We have cookouts with Christine and Vince (and sometimes we have sleepovers at their apartment too!) We play with lots of doggies and have learned that Ben has a high tolerance for having his face licked. We are looking forward to summer because it brings the beach, the boat and lots of time with friends.

Next weekend Ben will take his first trip on an airplane when we fly to Chicago for a GW girls reunion. Amazingly, all the girls were able to decide on a weekend that we were all free so I am looking forward to our first post college get together without a wedding involved. It will be nice to spend time with my college girlfriends and have everyone meet my favorite boy.

I have started to get some of our doctors set up here. It is exhausting to be going through this for the third time which is why I didn't jump on it immediately, and it hasn't been perfectly smooth, but its going. Ben weighs 14lb 3oz. I was told he is actually not on the growth chart for an 8 month old but is in the 20th percentile for height and head circumference for an 8 month old. The weight concern is being addressed and I will explain in a future post, I am still up in the air with how I want to proceed so as soon as I have some solid info I will share.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hang in there Kate and Ben! Can't wait to see you in Boston!